The following questions are representative of those on the Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator exam. These questions are not designed to test your readiness to successfully complete the certification exam, but should be used to become familiar with the types of questions on the exam. The actual exam questions may be more or less difficult than this set of questions. The questions below are from the Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator Study Guide.
1. An administrator notices there are too many duplicate records, numerous sharing rules, and a large number of manually shared records. Which situation may this be a symptom of?
- A. A role hierarchy that has too few roles.
- B. A sharing model that is too public.
- C. A sharing model that is too private.
- D. Object permissions on profiles that are too restrictive.
2. In Salesforce Territory Management, which statement describes how a territory hierarchy is different from a role hierarchy?
- A. A territory hierarchy grants login access to all users in a territory.
- B. A territory hierarchy supports assigning users to multiple territories.
- C. A territory hierarchy automatically assigns users to sales teams in the territory.
- D. A territory hierarchy gives users in a territory full edit access to all accounts in that territory.
3. An administrator wrote a field update action for a workflow rule on a field that is hidden via Field- Level Security. When the workflow rule triggers, what happens to the data in the hidden field?
- A. The field will fail to update and remain in its original state.
- B. The field is updated, even though it is hidden.
- C. The field will only update if the rule was triggered by a time-based trigger.
- D. The field will only update if the user has “Modify All Data” enabled in the profile.
4. A developer wants to create a mashup to display a contact’s location using Google Maps. Which of the following is not a necessary step in developing this mashup?
- A. Deciding on the parameters needed for submission
- B. Creating an S-control to pass the URL to Google Maps
- C. Creating a URL with merge fields to pass to Google Maps
5. A company called Universal Containers would like to track bugs within Salesforce. The company needs to track the bug’s severity and type as well as its status and description. Bugs should be related to cases, but the bug’s owner will be different than the owner of the case. How can the Universal Containers administrator meet these requirements?
- A. Create a section on the case page layout
- B. Create a field on cases
- C. Create a custom object for bugs and relate it to cases
- D. Create a relationship between the standard bug object and the standard case object
6. A company currently uses the standard Salesforce CRM product and pricebook objects. Is it possible for this company to publish product and pricebook information to its corporate Web site so customers in different regions see the correct product catalog with prices in the local currency?
- A. Yes, with the customer portal.
- B. No, it is not possible to present multicurrency data.
- C. Yes, by building a custom integration following the X-to-Web design pattern.
- D. No, it is not possible to present data stored in standard objects other than cases and solutions to a Web site.